Specialist Diploma in Youth Counselling And Management
Students of ACC Specialist Diploma in Counselling Psychology programme will be granted advanced standing of 3 modules. The Specialist Diploma in Counselling Psychology is awarded to students who have successfully completed all the 3 modules. The Specialist Diploma in Youth Counselling And Management will be awarded to students who have successfully completed all the 4 modules.
Introduction to the programme
The programme has been designed to train the participant in general counselling while specializing in dealing with the adolescent population.
The programme provides participants with :
- a professional basic entry qualification to counselling
- opportunities for personal growth
- acquisition of crucial interpersonal skills and related knowledge
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- 1. Observe and assess at-risk adolescents.
- 2. Explain and understand the ongoing trends of adolescent behavior.
- 3. Support and counsel at-risk adolescents.
- 4. Design social programs to improve adolescent well-being
A Specialist Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be awarded for the completion of modules 1 to 3 and completing all 4 modules will earn the student both Specialist Diploma on Counselling Psychology and Specialist Diploma In Youth Counselling and Management.
- Integrate the 3 areas salient to counsellor training programmes: – personal growth – theoretical and research-based knowledge in counselling psychology – skills in counselling
- Students are taught a range of counselling skills that can be applied across work settings and client groups.
- Focus on developing counsellor awareness including: – how the student’s interpersonal style affects the counselling process – students will be taught to reflect and learn from their training experiences.
The areas of study include :
- Foundations of Counselling
- Counselling Psychology: Theory and Practice
- Counselling on Specific Client Issues
- Counselling Adolescen
- diploma holders in any field
- be at least 18 years of age
- mature-aged applicants not meeting the admission requirements are invited to apply as the program recognises relevant life experiences that students bring with them.
- Written assignments, projects, oral presentations, and videotaped counselling project/examination.
Graduation and Degree
- Specialist Diploma in Youth Counselling And Management
Length of course