Secure Prospect Commitment+
Why You Should Attend This Course:
In the fast changing environment you need the right strategies and skills to identify opportunities and respond effectively. With an effective sales process, sales professionals can determine where their top opportunities are and utilise the right sales strategies to secure prospects commitment.
This course provides participants with a well thought process of communicating the products features and benefits in a convincing manner to get prospects commitment.
Participants will learn to capture customer’s attention and interest with a framework for defining the right situation and moment to call for actions.
Secure Prospect Commitment is a national competency unit from the Business Management (BM) Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ). It is suitable for Level 3 executive or any personnel holding sales and business development responsibilities.
Upon completion, participants will gain the knowledge and skills to secure prospect commitment and win the deal. Competency elements covered in this unit include:
- Identify and prospect with potential customers to obtain new business.
- Negotiate with prospect to achieve a sale.
- Finalise agreement by obtaining mutual agreement, approvals and closing the sale.
- Conduct documentation processes in accordance with organisational procedures.
Introduction & Overview of Course
Identify and prospect with potential customers to obtain new business
- Identify Potential Customers
– Customer Segmentation
– Market Research
– Competitive Analysis
– Market Trends and Conditions; Consumers Interest in Products and Services
- Prospect with Potential Customers
– Attending Networking Events, Social/Business Gatherings and Conferences
– Purchasing Database of Contacts
– Use Personal Networks to Generate Leads
– Participate in Online Social Networking Forums
– Prepare a Proposal
- Respond to Prospect’s Interest
– Approaching the Prospect
– Communicating Product / Service Strengths and Benefits
– Suggesting Possible Alternatives
– Looking for Cross-Selling Opportunities
– Providing the Prospect with a Sample / Free Trial / Demonstration
Negotiate with Prospect to Achieve the Sale
- Negotiate with Prospect
– Develop Product / Service Knowledge
– Understand Prospect’s Profile
– Identify Prospect’s Needs and Concerns
- Identify Decision Makers and Decision Approvers
– Negotiate with Prospect
– Communicate Benefits of Product / Service
– Discuss Terms of Agreement
- Apply Communication Techniques
– Verbal and Non-Verbal Language
– Techniques for Providing Constructive Feedback
– Active Listening
– Reflect and Summarise
– Show Empathy
– Deal with Difficult People and Situations in a Rational Manner
- Apply Negotiation Techniques
– Questioning and Listening Techniques
– Dealing with Conflict
– Negotiation Styles
Finalise agreement by obtaining mutual agreement, approvals and closing the sale
- Summarise and Confirm Sale
- Prepare, Sign, and Close Agreement
– Agreement Terms
Conduct documentation processes in accordance with organisational procedures
- Documentation Processes
- Review of coverage
Who Can Benefit?
Level 3 executive or any personnel holding sales and business development responsibilities.
Participants will be assessed after they have been taught a particular competency through presentation, written assessment and oral questioning. A Competent or Not Yet Competent assessment will be given at the end of each competency unit to confirm if participants have acquired the skills and knowledge of the subject.
Upon successful completion, participant will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) in BM WSQ Secure Prospect Commitment awarded by WDA.
Course Fee Support
SDF and Absentee Payroll is available for company-sponsored Singaporeans and PRs only.
2 Days (18 training hours)
Day 1 – 8:30am–6:30pm
Day 2 – 8:30am–6:30pm
This course will be conducted by subject matter experts who are fully ACTA certified by WDA.
WSQ Level Guide:
|Typical Responsibilities||Job Roles|
|6||Directs business strategies and endorses policies and plans||Chief Executive Officer, Chief Finance Officer, Chief Communications Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Audit Executive|
|5||Provides input to and coordinates with leaders at Level 6, develops business strategies and plans, reviews and evaluates plans||Finance Division Head, Human Resource Director, Marketing Director, Project Sponsor, Vice President, Licensing Head|
|4||Implements and monitors organisational progammes and recommends solutions||Sales Manager, Finance Manager, Project Manager, Assistant Manager, Relationship Manager, Programme Manager, Research & Development Engineer|
|3||Executes plans, policies and procedures, applies knowledge of concepts and provides feedback||Finance Executive, Analyst, Associate, Project Lead, Project Executive, Team Leads, Junior Relationship Manager, Patent Engineer, IP Administrative Officer|
- Fees are inclusive of course materials, certificate of participation, lunch & tea breaks.
- Corporate and Individual Members of MIS are entitled to 20% discount.
- Companies are entitled to 5% discount for sending 3 or more participants to the same course on the same date.
- All courses will be held at the Marketing Institute of Singapore, 410 North Bridge Road Singapore 188726 unless otherwise stated.
- SDF Training Grant (for SDF-Approved Courses)
- Marketing Institute of Singapore reserves the right to change or cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses can be custom-designed to suit your department/organisation’s unique training requirements.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
- Notice Period Withdrawal / Cancellation Charge
- More than 14 days No charge
- Less than 14 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 3 working days or No-Show 100% of course fee
- Replacements from the same company are allowed.
Graduation and Degree
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) in BM WSQ Secure Prospect Commitment awarded by WDA