Professional Diploma in Security Management
Offered in collaboration with ASIS Singapore Chapter, the SMF Institute Professional Diploma in Security Management is designed for professional security personnel that includes security officers, risk managers, corporate managers, departmental security supervisors, and professional security consultants who are required to conduct security surveys, risk assessments, and investigative work in the corporate environment. The course aims to provide students with the relevant knowledge and skills in security risk management, facilities management, law and ethics, security principles, and key security technologies essential for career advancement in government security, professional security, strategic facilities security, retail security, financial institutions security, corporate security, and major security organisations.
Structure & Content
This programme comprises seven (7) units and can be completed in eleven (11) months.
- Principles of Management
- Introduction to Commercial Law
- Security and Risk Management
- Building Management Systems
- Industrial Security Systems and Operations
- Physical Security and Facility Management
- Individual Project
- minimum of two (2) years working experience AND,
- Full GCE ‘A‘ level, OR
- ITE Higher Nitec, OR
- High School Qualification equivalent to Year Twelve (12) in the case of international students, OR
- SMF Institute Certificate in Foundation Studies
- Matured candidates with substantial working experience would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- written examination and practical assignment.
Graduation and Degree
- Professional Diploma in Security Management, SMF Institute of Higher Learning, Singapore and ASIS International Singapore Chapter