Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management (QCF)
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND (Higher National Diploma) in Travel and Tourism Management is awarded by Pearson International and accredited onto the UK Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) at Level 5. This means that students may progress to study at university level with advanced standing after completing their HND Diploma. A BTEC HND can count as credit for the second or third year of an undergraduate degree. Acceptance to a university programme is at the discretion of the individual university.
The programme focuses on:
- equipping students with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in a range of administrative and management positions in the travel and tourism industry
- developing the student’s ability in the field through effective use and combinationof the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme
- developing a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attribute essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enabling students to make an immediate contribution to employment
- providing flexibility, knowledge, skills and motivation as a basis for future studies and career development in travel and tourism
- The Travel and Tourism Sector
- Finance and Funding in the Travel & Tourism Sector
- The Developing Manager
- Research Project
- Marketing in Travel & Tourism
- Contemporary Issues in Travel and Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Legislation and Ethics in the Travel and Tourism Sector
- Tourist Destinations
- Personal & Professional Development
- Employability Skills
- Human Resource Management for Service Industries
- Special Interest Tourism
- Visitor Attraction Management
- Hospitality Provision in the Travel and Tourism Sector
- Tour Operations Management
Holders of the HND Diploma with ‘Merit’ passing grade will qualify to continue on to the one-year top-up degree awarded by the University of Salford for the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hospitality Management (top-up).
International student Programme Fees
Full Time – $21437
- Applicant must be 17 years and above.
- SSTC Foundation Programme in Business Management or Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management or 5 GCE ‘O’ Level or equivalent.
- English Proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. (applicable to international students whose last 3 years of prior education was not delivered in English)
- Approximately experienced applicants who do not fully meet the minimum academic requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Written assignments, class presentations and projects. No formal examinations.
Graduation and Degree
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management (QCF)
Length of course