Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Hospitality Management
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND (Higher National Diploma) in Hospitality Management is awarded by Pearson International and accredited onto the UK Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) at Level 5. This means that students may progress to study at university level with advanced standing after completing their HN Diploma. A BTEC HND can count as credit for the second or third year of an undergraduate degree. Acceptance to a university programme is at the discretion of the individual university.
Students undergo a variety of units covering a wide spectrum of managing a hospitality establishment that will equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge for a career in the hospitality industry.
Holders of the HND Diploma in Hospitality Management with ‘Merit’ passing grade will qualify to continue on to the one-year top-up degree awarded by the University of Salford for the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Hospitality Management.
- The Contemporary Hospitality Industry
- Customer Service
- Finance in the Hospitality Industry
- Food & Beverage Operations Management
- The Travel & Tourism Sector
- Rooms Division Operations Management
- Marketing in Hospitality
- Employability Skills
- The Developing Manager
- Personal & Professional Development
- Hospitality Contract & Event Management
- Human Resource Management for Service Industries
- Tourist Destinations
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Conference and Banqueting Management
- Research Project
Holders of the HND Diploma with ‘Merit’ passing grade will qualify to continue on to the one-year top-up degree awarded by the University of Salford for the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hospitality Management (top-up).
International Student course fees
Full time : $21437
- Applicant must be 17 years and above.
- SSTC Foundation Programme or 5 GCE ‘O’ Level or 2 GCE ‘A’ Level passes or equivalent.
- English Proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Written assignments, class presentations and projects. No formal examinations.
Graduation and Degree
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Hospitality Management
Length of course