MSc Real Estate Investment & Finance, Heriot-Watt University
Professionals working in the real estate investment market face many challenges. The global nature of the property market, rapid developments in research tools and business practice, new competition from those operating in the broader investment markets and the development of alternatives to direct property investment all add new dimensions to the role of the property professional in this field.
This course is aimed at those who aspire to, or are already working in the real estate investment market. Students come from a range of backgrounds in international professional practice, consultancy and the public sector and use the knowledge and skills gained in this internationally recognised postgraduate qualification to enhance their career development in their chosen field. In addition, the course’s modular structure assists students in contributing effectively to meet the CPD requirements of their professional bodies.
This course has been developed to provide graduates with a broad knowledge and understanding of property as an asset class within national and international investment markets and with the skills needed to research, analyse and advise on investment decisions accordingly.
The course is offered on a part time study basis (24 months). Each semester is 4 months in duration. Students must undertake eight taught modules plus the research dissertation, to graduate with the MSc degree.
- Microeconomics & Finance in the Built Environment
- Real Estate Economics
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Investment Analysis
- Research Methods
- International Planning & Property Law
- Real Estate Appraisal & Valuation
- International Property Markets & Investment
- Real Estate Appraisal & Valuation 2
- Dissertation Writing
- A good (minimum 2nd class) honours degree in a relevant discipline, And/or
- A Bachelor degree from HWU with at least 4 years of working experience, And/or
- Full membership of a relevant professional institution, And/or
- Equivalent UK/overseas qualifications which may be considered on an individual basis
- Assignment and written examination
Graduation and Degree
- MSc Real Estate Investment & Finance