MSc Construction Project Management, Heriot-Watt University
The MSc Construction Project Management is a response to the growing demand from the construction and property industry for flexible professionals capable of strategic thinking and a creative response to volatile economic conditions. Planning and controlling the allocation of resources and the detailed matching of design and production to the needs of the market for built space are at the core of the construction industries. This programme enables you to develop your analytical, technical and managerial skills and prepares you for leadership roles in the construction industries.
The structure allows consideration of both theory and applications of finance and management in the context of construction projects and portfolios. Teaching is through a combination of lectures and individual assignments. Emphasis is placed on the presentation and communication of workable solutions to complex problems.
- People and Organisational Management in the Built Environment
- Project Management Strategic Issues The Course comprises 8 separate Units, as follows:-
- Contract and Procurement
- Value and Risk Management
- Construction Financial Management
- Project Management: Theory & Practice
- Construction Technology
- Construction Practice and IT Management Information systems for integrated work environment
- Research Project 1
- Research Project 2
Additional Entry Requirements
- Other equivalent qualification and relevant industries experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Mature and experienced adults working in relevant industries may also be considered on individual merits.
- All applications are subjected to approval by Heriot-Watt University
- A relevant degree with either first or second class honours from any recognized University.
- Assignment and written examination
Graduation and Degree
- MSc Construction Project Management