Master of Science: Clinical Leadership, University of Curtin
This course is only available to Singaporean and Permanent Resident applicants, or foreigners holding relevant working visas.
The Master of Science: Clinical Leadership enhances professional career development, preparing health professionals for clinical leadership in a health care setting. Clinical theory and research, as well as professional role development, are an integral part of the course, which is focused on the development of the multiple roles of clinical leaders and prepares them for managerial and leadership roles within health care teams, units and organisations.
Fundamental to this course is the development of leadership, critical thinking and clinical decision making capacity, preparing health professionals for a leadership role at an executive level.
Credit for previous study
If you have previously worked or studied in this field, you are encouraged to contact Curtin Singapore to discuss eligibility for recognition of prior learning.
Credits needed to graduate: 300. Each unit is 25 credits.
- 312114 Clinical Management Science 561
- 311225 Clinical Leadership 561
- 312115 Clinical Operational Management 561
- 306933 Cross Cultural Perspectives of Health Care Practice 561
- 307053 Inquiry into Quality Patient Care 532
- 13152 Health Research Methods 681
- 308409 Health Project Preparation 591
- 4712 Qualitative Methods in Health Research 582
- 310475 Health Project 691 (50 credits)
- 310476 Health Project 692 (50 credits)
- Students, Doctors, Nurses or Allied Health practitioners are required to be currently registered with their appropriate registering authority in Singapore, or eligible for registration in their home country.
- They must hold a bachelor degree in their discipline and a minimum of one year post registration clinical experience.
- Selection is based on academic performance and clinical experience.
- Three ‘Ordinary’ level passes (min grade C) plus two ‘Advanced’ level passes (minimum of five points) in the General Certificate of Education (GCE); and
- grade C in ‘O’ level English/English Literature or with separate evidence of English competence.
Graduation and Degree
- Master of Science: Clinical Leadership