Master of Occupational Health and Safety, University of Curtin
This course is only available to Singaporean and Permanent Resident applicants, or foreigners holding relevant working visas.
This course builds on the postgraduate diploma to provide you with strong theoretical and practical occupational health and safety (OHS) skills in a range of disciplines. Your studies will emphasise industry-based assessment and the development of practical skills.
You will develop strong research skills and discover new knowledge and novel ways of solving problems. In your final trimester you’ll complete an original research project under the guidance of one of our experienced staff.
This course is recognised by several professional bodies including the Australasian Faculty of Occupational Medicine.
Credit for previous study
If you have previously worked or studied in this field, you are encouraged to contact Curtin Singapore to discuss eligibility for recognition of prior learning.
Credits needed to graduate: 300. Each unit is 25 credits.
- 310577 Risk management and Safety Technology 582
- 310578 Accident Prevention and Safety Management 581
- 310585 Ergonomics 594
- 11519 Occupational Hygiene and Chemical Safety 596
- 310582 Health and Safety Ergonomics and Management 582
- 5467 Occupational Health and Safety Project/Practicum 590
- 11516 Compensation and Injury Management 593
- 13152 Health Research Methods 681
- 5470 Law (Industrial) 572
- 308422 Environmental Health Risk Assessment 682
- 13179 Research Project 650 (50 credits)
In your final trimester you’ll complete an original research project under the guidance of one of our experienced staff.
- A Bachelor of Science degree with at least two years’ relevant post-qualification work experience. Your work experience will be assessed on the basis of your level of seniority and responsibility, job description, work-based referee reports, publications or other written reports and short courses or conference attendance.
- Three ‘Ordinary’ level passes (min grade C) plus two ‘Advanced’ level passes (minimum of five points) in the General Certificate of Education (GCE); and
- Grade C in ‘O’ level English/English Literature or
- with separate evidence of English competence.
Graduation and Degree
- Master of Occupational Health and Safety
Length of course