Master of Education in Educational Studies: Teaching, Learning and Research (University of Sheffield)
The Master of Education by University of Sheffield – A qualification that is specifically designed to meet the changing needs of Singapore teachers and lecturers in a 21st century globalized world
SMF Institute is proud to partner The University of Sheffield School of Education to offer the new MEd Educational Studies: Learning, Teaching and Research in Singapore. Before this new launch, the Masters in Education have been offered in Singapore through distance learning since 1992. The course is designed to meet the needs of Singaporean educators today and aims to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the contexts and processes of learning, teaching and educational research in order to equip them with the skills, aptitudes and critical reflexivity required for further academic research and pedagogical practice.
MEd Programme Structure
The programme consists of four (4) modules and a research-based dissertation. The modules are fully taught by faculties from the University of Sheffield. Students are introduced to the Master in Education work through a comprehensive and well-established Foundation Module at the first study school. This provides a secure basis for their subsequent module studies and their dissertation. The programme structure would involve five study schools, one to prepare students for each of the four modules and one to prepare students for the dissertation
- Module 1: Foundation Module: Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Module 2: Evolving Understandings in Teaching and Learning
- Module 3: Developing Pedagogies
- Module 4: Educational Research in International Contexts
- A first degree or equivalent qualification awarded by a University or Institution approved by the University’s Senate.
- Other qualifications may be considered for entry into the Master in Education in Educational Studies: Learning, Teaching and Research on a case-by-case basis, as determined by University of Sheffield.
- In addition, applicants should have two year´s full-time experience of working in the field of education.
- Classroom and research
- Assessment for each of the first four modules is by 4 assignments of 6000 words. Students would also be required to complete a research-based dissertation of 20,000 words.
Graduation and Degree
- MEd Educational Studies: Learning, Teaching & Research (The University of Sheffield)
Length of course