Managing the Sales Force for Effective Results
Why You Should Attend This Course:
The changing needs and complexities of the new environment affect all Sales Managers and cannot be taken lightly. The effectiveness of the sales force depends, to a large extent, on the manager who directs, leads and motivates its members. The lack of in-depth knowledge and modern skills to lead such a force to higher productivity can result in lost opportunities in the marketplace and a demoralised and disoriented sales team.
- Have a clear understanding of the key underlying principles in managing a sales team.
- Be updated with current issues and best practices in sales management in the context of a rapidly changing environment.
- Discuss and work through real issues involved in managing a sales team in today’s competitive & complex marketplace.
Modern Sales Management
- The changing business environment
- What makes a good Sales Manager?
Leadership and Sales Management
- Changes in ability required with new responsibilities
- Types of leadership in sales management
The Sales Manager’s roles & tasks
- What is the job of the Sales Manager?
- Essential areas in sales planning
Sales Force Effectiveness vs. Efficiency
- Measuring effectiveness and efficiency of salespeople
- Establishing criteria & evaluating performance
Who Can Benefit?
- All middle and senior managers who are required to achieve results through a sales team.
- Managers who are required to perform the sales management function within their organisation.
- Executives who are about to assume sales management responsibilities.
Since 1990, Dr Bob Foo has provided consulting and training services in professional selling, key account management, sales management, strategic marketing and negotiation dynamics throughout the region. Bob has a Ph.D from the University of Nottingham, a M.Sc. in International Marketing from the University of Strathclyde as well as professional qualifications in Administrative Management, Business Administration, Accounting & Finance and Public Relations. He is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM) as well as a Chartered Marketer.
Dr. Bob Foo is a qualified Instructor for Higher Education Teaching and a qualified Higher Education Instructional Leader certified by National Institute of Education (NIE) and Singapore Institute of Management (SIM).
- Fees are inclusive of course materials, certificate of participation, lunch & tea breaks.
- Corporate and Individual Members of MIS are entitled to 20% discount.
- Companies are entitled to 5% discount for sending 3 or more participants to the same course on the same date.
- All courses will be held at the Marketing Institute of Singapore, 410 North Bridge Road Singapore 188726 unless otherwise stated.
- SDF Training Grant (for SDF-Approved Courses)
- Marketing Institute of Singapore reserves the right to change or cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses can be custom-designed to suit your department/organisation’s unique training requirements.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
- Notice Period Withdrawal / Cancellation Charge
- More than 14 days No charge
- Less than 14 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 3 working days or No-Show 100% of course fee
- Replacements from the same company are allowed.
Graduation and Degree
- Certificate of Completion – Managing the Sales Force for Effective Results