Leading Effective Meetings
Why You Should Attend This Course:
Meetings can be a source of frustration or a productive use of everyone’s time and talent. It often depends how the leader leads and influences others in the meeting. If done effectively, it has huge benefits in terms of gaining ideas, acceptance and engagement from members. Time savings are reaped when meetings are productively conducted.
By the end of this course, participants would be able to:
- Evaluate when meetings are necessary
- Appreciate the benefits of meetings
- Prepare for meetings that ensures maximum productivity to be gained
- Set the right climate for members to effectively contribute in the meetings
- Keep meetings on track and get them back on track if problems occur
- Obtain ideas for problem solving and agreement on decision making
- Purpose of meetings
- Preparation steps for meetings
- 5 Steps to conducting effective meetings
- Assign roles to meeting members for engagement and involvement
- Techniques to draw out creative ideas from members
- Techniques to obtain agreement on decisions
- Methods to handle challenging situations
Who Can Benefit?
For Executives, Supervisors and Managers who need to ensure that meetings run efficiently, generate good decisions and result in clear actions.
Susan Fong brings with her more than 20 years of working experience in the field of Human Resource Management and Development. She has extensive experience in Learning and Development across industries, ranging from manufacturing to service and public to MNC organisations. As a HR professional in a Senior Management role, she was instrumental in designing and implementing HR initiatives that builds organisational competencies and employee engagement. In the past 5 years, Susan was responsible for the Learning and Development function in well-established healthcare and childcare organisations. Her key responsibilities include providing solutions to support a Learning Organisational Culture
- Fees are inclusive of course materials, certificate of participation, lunch & tea breaks.
- Corporate and Individual Members of MIS are entitled to 20% discount.
- Companies are entitled to 5% discount for sending 3 or more participants to the same course on the same date.
- All courses will be held at the Marketing Institute of Singapore, 410 North Bridge Road Singapore 188726 unless otherwise stated.
- SDF Training Grant (for SDF-Approved Courses)
- Marketing Institute of Singapore reserves the right to change or cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses can be custom-designed to suit your department/organisation’s unique training requirements.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
- Notice Period Withdrawal / Cancellation Charge
- More than 14 days No charge
- Less than 14 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 3 working days or No-Show 100% of course fee
- Replacements from the same company are allowed.
Graduation and Degree
- Certificate of Completion – Leading Effective Meetings