Higher Diploma in Computers, Electronics and Communications (Full time)
In this Higher Diploma in computers, electronics and communications programme, students are able to acquire knowledge and understanding needed to make a significant early contribution to the computers, electronics and communications industry; develop the practical skills expected of an engineer; acquire the general transferable skills, personal attitudes and determination necessary to make valuable contribution throughout a successful career in the computers, electronics and communications industry or industries employing current technology. This includes opportunities for students to engage in life skills learning.
Who Should Attend?
This programme is recommended for people who have completed their A level, Auston Certificate, Higher NITEC and working adults who want to upgrade themselves and develop the intellectual abilities necessary to participate in contemporary engineering projects.
What Will I Study?
- Foundation of Computer Science
- Foundation for Independent Learning
- Foundation of Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering Foundation
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering 1
- Digital Electronics
- Communication Systems
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Architecture
- Signals & Systems
- Electrical Engineering 2
- Object Oriented Programming
Elective Modules (Choose 2)
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Data Communications & Networking
- Networks & Systems
- Software Systems Engineering
Professional Development Modules*
- Business English (Double module)
- Business Communication (Double Module)
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Statistics
- Aged 17 years or older
- GCE ‘O’ levels, (advanced standing given to applicants who have achieved 4 or more ‘O’ levels) or
- NITEC (advanced standing given to applicants with Higher NITEC), or
- Engineering Diploma or an equivalent award from recognised institutions, and other equivalent qualifications
- Matured applicant with 5 years of working experience
- 10 years of formal education (advanced standing given to applicants with 12 years of formal education)
- Applicants whose first language is not English or whose previous qualification was not taught and assessed in English must provide evidence of attainment in English Language by achieving a GCE ‘O’ level C6, an IELTS 5.5 or an equivalent qualification.
Graduation and Degree
- Higher Diploma in Computers, Electronics and Communications