- Education-Bond Scholarship offered by Luxury Hotels and Restaurants in Singapore
- Applies to November 2014 intake.
- Scholarship registration deadline: 19 September 2014 (Friday)
- Applies only to Singaporeans and Singapore PRs
The SIM Global Education Scholarship is awarded to outstanding local and international students to pursue Bachelor’s degree programmes at SIM Global Education (SIM GE).
Up to 35 scholarships will be awarded each year to deserving new and existing students. The categories of scholarships are:
Academic Excellence and Leadership
Awards are granted to outstanding students who have achieved academic excellence and demonstrated leadership qualities both in and outside the classroom.
Sports and Artistic Talent
Awards are granted to athletes who possess an impressive track record of achievement in sports or individuals with outstanding artistic talents.
- Outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications
- An impressive community contribution and co-curricular activities involvement record
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Students pursuing diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at SIM GE
- Financial difficulties caused by loss of job, loss of income-earner or medical treatment or condition (documentary evidence either in original form or certified true copies must be attached to the application form).
- Satisfactory academic results (submit only the most recent results)
- Ceiling for per capita income: S$500
Safra members who are awarded these sponsored placements can look forward to a 70% sponsorship of the EASB diploma and advanced diploma programme, and also 70% of the Final-year degree course and exam fees. Poly diploma graduates who meet the academic criteria for direct entry into the Final-year undergraduate programme will receive 50% sponsorship of the tuition and examination fees
The 100 sponsorships will be for degree pathway programmes on the following disciplines:
- Banking & Finance
- Business & Management
- Event & Conference Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
» ACADEMIC CRITERIA
- 3-A-level Passes with at least B grade in all subjects or 1 A,B and C grades AND a credit in General Paper or a B4 in O-level English
- 5 O-level Passes with aggregates of no more than 12 points and with at least a B4 in English Language.
- Local Polytechnic diploma holders with over-all final-year results of GPA 3.5 or above.
Prospective applicants must first meet the established academic criteria to be eligible for the scholarships. Suitably qualified students can choose from the above disciplines and courses, subject to availability:
Objectives of the FMDS Design Scholarship
- The FMDS Scholarship is sponsored by the First Media (FM) Group, Singapore. Headquartered in Singapore, FM has more than 20 design studios spread across five Asian markets.
- As part of the FMDS Vision 10:100, FMDS plans to identify, nurture and develop potential design talents from around the region. These individuals will be groomed to become future FM partners or managers who will contribute to the growth of the group in regional markets.
What does the Scholarship offer?
- Upon assessment by the management, recipients will either be granted a full or partial scholarship, of which the latter would entitle its recipients to a 30% subsidy of the entire school fees.
- The FMDS Scholarship is valued between S$30,000 (local Singaporean and Permanent Residents) and S$40,000 (international students) for two years full time studies.
- The FMDS Scholarship is tenable for the minimum period required to obtain Advanced Diploma qualification at First Media Design School, Singapore (two years). It covers full tuition fees and course materials over two academic years.