GCE ‘O’ Levels Preparatory Course
The GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations are Secondary School graduating examinations jointly held by Singapore’s Ministry of Education (MOE) and the University of Cambridge’s Local Examinations Syndicate. The qualification is universally recognized, especially in the US and Commonwealth countries.
The GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations are particularly suited for students 16 to 25 years of age, who wish to pursue post-secondary studies in local polytechnics or in other institutions of higher learning.
Upon completion of the GCE ‘O’ Levels Preparatory Programme, students will be able to sit for the GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations.
Students will be required to take the following subjects:
- Secondary 3 Syllabus – English Language*
- Secondary 3 Syllabus – Elementary Mathematics*
- Secondary 3 Syllabus – Additional Mathematics*
- Secondary 3 Syllabus – Combined Sciences (Physics/Chemistry)*
- Secondary 3 Syllabus – Principles of Accounting*
- Secondary 4 Syllabus – English Language
- Secondary 4 Syllabus – Elementary Mathematics
- Secondary 4 Syllabus – Additional Mathematics
- Secondary 4 Syllabus – Combined Sciences (Physics/Chemistry)
- Secondary 4 Syllabus – Principles of Accounting
* Subject may be exempted depending on age and academic requirements
Students applying for admission into a local polytechnic must take 2 core subjects and 3 elective subjects. Students may choose to take all 5 subjects in one academic year, or combine the results of 2 consecutive examination sittings.
- Secondary 2 English and Academic or its equivalent
- At least 16 years old year
Graduation and Degree
- Singapore Cambridge GCE-O Levels
Length of course