Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management
The Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management (DTHM) course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of knowledge required as a professional in the Tourism and Hospitality sector.
The programme aims to give students:
- An introduction of the tourism and hospitality environment and industry, with an understanding of its key elements of products and services.
- An understanding of the role of customer care, the importance of good service quality and the changing customer and its relationship with the industry.
- An introduction to the basic operations and different areas of the front office and the accommodation business to include reservations, bell desk or concierge and guest arrival and departure services.
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of financial accounting and an understanding of cost concepts and its application in the tourism and hospitality business.
- An overview of the food & beverage industry and the various types of food and beverage operations and systems.
- An insight into the economic, social, physical and legal concepts critical to the management of tourism and hospitality operations and the challenges faced within the industry.
- A look at the marketing fundamentals, issues and its impact on products and services in the industry, to include market segmentation, market positioning, target marketing and the Eight Ps of marketing.
- Knowledge of effective communication in the English language at a basic and intermediate level, with the use of it in the context of the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Introduction to the Tourism & Hospitality Industry
- Customer Care and Service Quality in the Tourism & Hospitality Industry
- Accommodation and Front Office Operations
- Cost and Financial Accounting for the Hospitality Industry
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Tourism & Hospitality Business Environment
- Marketing for the Tourism & Hospitality Industry
- Effective Communication for Tourism & Hospitality
- Applicants must be aged 17 years and above.
- GCE ‘N’ Level, ‘O’ Level ‘O’ Level or equivalent Year 11 Education.
- English Proficiency of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
- Other equivalent qualifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Assignment and projects only. No examinations.
Graduation and Degree
- Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management
Length of course