Diploma in Information Technology
The Diploma in Information Technology programme focuses on the practical and theoretical dimensions of IT and provides a solid foundation for students who may want to pursue a Bachelor degree programme in related fields such as:
- Information Technology;
- Computer Security; and
- Information Services.
Graduating students can consider careers in the fields of Information Technology, Computer Security, Wireless Computing and Information Services.
Structure & Content
To qualify for the award of Diploma in Information Technology, students are required to complete eight (8) units of study as follows:
- CSG1132 Communicating in an IT Environment
- ENS1161 Computer Fundamentals
- CSP1150 Programming Principles
- CSI1241 Systems Analysis
- CSG1105 Applied Communications
- CSI1101 Computer Security
- CSG1102 Operating Systems
- CSG1207 Systems and Database Design
- GCE ‘A’ Level with a minimum grade of 6 points for three (3) ‘H2′ subjects, OR
- GCE ‘A’ Level with passes (E) in two (2) academic subjects, OR
- ITE Higher Nitec, OR
- High School Qualification equivalent to Year Twelve (12) in the case of international students, OR
- SMF Institute Certificate in Foundation Studies
- Matured candidates with substantial working experience would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- written assignments and examinations.
Graduation and Degree
- Diploma in Information Technology, SMF Institute of Higher Learning, Singapore
Length of course