Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education – Leadership (WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education)
In the rapidly growing field of Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE), the demand for qualified professionals is insatiable. The objective of this programme is to equip you with the requisite knowledge and skills to effectively assume supervisory or administrative positions in Early Childhood Education or related fields. You will be equipped with working knowledge on leadership skills, staff management and supervision, financial management, communication strategies, training and development in organizations, advocacy, and approaches to training, mentorship and professionalism in early childhood settings. You will be guided towards developing the capabilities required to cope with the daily challenges in managing staff, and working with children and parents.
This training programme is also accredited as the WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education under the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) system.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness of issues pertaining to government guidelines and curriculum implementation in pre-school education;
- Demonstrate awareness of issues and research in pre-school education;
- Perform simple action research skills;
- Observe, evaluate and appraise teacher-effectiveness in providing for a creative learning environment, and thereafter mentor fellow-teachers;
- Manage and supervise early childhood centres in such a way as to promote effective learning programmes, encourage teamwork among staff and collaboration with parents; and
- Efficiently manage and administer pre-school centres.
|CURRENT ISSUES AND RESEARCH IN EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION
| DESIGNING THE EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE and EDUCATION CURRICULUM
| UNDERSTANDING AND IMPLEMENTING ACTION RESEARCH IN EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION
| LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION IN EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION SETTINGS
| Professional Development
| Partnership with Families and the Community
| Supervised Leadership Practice
|Total Course Hours||
- 5 GCE “O” level credits including EL1* and Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education- Teaching
- *For those with C5 or C6 in EL1 are given 2 years from the point of teacher registration to obtain b4 in EL1 or a minimum band of 6.5 in IELTS.
- Group projects, assignments, literature review & practicum.
Graduation and Degree
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education (WSQ Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education)