Diploma in Business Administration (Supply Chain Management)
As consumers and customers we often do not realise the chain of steps involved in making sure the goods we purchase reach us on time. There is a system or mechanism of some kind at work, making sure that the process from raw materials to finished product is a seamless one. It is known as supply chain.
Diploma in Business Administration (Supply Chain Management) programme aims to produce graduates with the knowledge and skills to manage the flow of information, products and services from the suppliers, through the intermediaries, to the customers. Students will acquire the ability to apply the concepts, theory and practices of supply chain management in modern-day business enterprises, and appreciate the roles and responsibilities of various sub-functions and entities that are essential to organizational success.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the theories and practical aspects of business with a special interest in supply chain management
- Understand and discuss the technical processes in procurement and manufacturing, and relationships between manufacturers, distributors, retailers and wholesalers
- Acquire and apply communication, problem solving and decision making skills to increase business efficiency, especially in the areas of supply chain and logistics
- Assume higher levels of responsibility in management as a result of newly acquired/improved knowledge and skills
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates can gain entry into various prestigious universities (subject to universities’ entry requirements), such as:
- Loughborough University, Uk
- University of Wollongong, Australia
This programme consists of 8 modules, amounting to a total of 240 contact hours for the part-time pathway.
- Business Decision Making
- Principles of Accounting
- Operation Logistics
- Materials Management and Physical Distribution
- Operations Management
The delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and is subject to change.
Total Course Fee: S$4,868.50*
^Skills Development Fund (SDF): The Skills Development Fund is a subsidy from the Workforce Development Agency (WDA). This is an employer based subsidy and applications for the training grant must be submitted through NTUC, CDAC, Mendaki, or your company.
- GCE A-Level, Higher NITEC or equivalent qualifications; or
- GCE N, O-Level, NITEC holders or equivalent qualifications (bridging modules required); or
- Mature candidates (≥ 21 years old with 3 years work experience) will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Assignments, tests, projects and final examinations
Graduation and Degree
- Diploma in Business Administration (Supply Chain Management)