Diploma in Business Administration (Human Resource Management)
If you were the head of a company, how would you motivate your staff to giving their best? How would you help individuals upgrade themselves and give them opportunities to be creative? It is no exaggeration to say that a company is as good as the people behind it.
The people element is extremely important as it determines how well organisations transform and function in the emerging business landscapes of the 21st century. Power to the People.
The Diploma in Business Administration (Human Resource Management) programme is designed for students who have an interest in formulating and implementing human resource policies and practices. The programme blends a number of disciplines to encourage the development of holistic diagnoses of organisational issues and challenges. Graduates from this programme will acquire a sound grounding in the knowledge and skills they need to further their education and embark on a career in human resources.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the theories and practical aspects of business with a special interest in human resource management
- Demonstrate knowledge of employee benefit concepts and systems, training needs and evaluation, recruitment and selection procedures, and regulations governing employees’ welfare
- Acquire and apply communication, problem solving and decision making skills to increase business efficiency, especially in the areas of interpersonal or human relations and managing people
- Assume higher levels of responsibility in management as a result of newly acquired/improved knowledge and skills
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates can gain entry into various prestigious universities (subject to universities’ entry requirements), such as:
Loughborough University, UK
University of Wollongong, Australia
This programme consists of 8 modules, amounting to a total of 240 contact hours for the part-time pathway.
- Business Decision Making
- Principles of Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Talent Development
The delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and is subject to change.
Total Course Fee: S$4,868.50*
Total Course Fee after SDF^ subsidy/grant: Please enquiry with PSB Academy
^Skills Development Fund (SDF): The Skills Development Fund is a subsidy from the Workforce Development Agency (WDA). This is an employer based subsidy and applications for the training grant must be submitted through NTUC, CDAC, Mendaki, or your company.
- GCE A-Level, Higher NITEC or equivalent qualifications; or
- GCE N, O-Level, NITEC holders or equivalent qualifications (bridging modules required); or
- Mature candidates (≥ 21 years old with 3 years work experience) will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also apply, but will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Assignments, tests, projects and final examinations
Graduation and Degree
- Diploma in Business Administration (Human Resource Management)