Developing New Growth Opportunities to Drive Sales+
Why You Should Attend This Course:
In today’s complex and competitive sales and marketing environment , the competition is tougher than ever and the pace is much faster. This makes it essential to be able to consistently identify and evaluate potential sales opportunities and communicating benefits and features of the organisation’s products / services as well as pursuing leads.
This highly effective workshop will helpsales and business development professionals to be equipped with the relevant knowledge and skills on the process of identifying new sales and marketing opportunities important to the growth of a sales driven business.
Upon completion, participants will gain the following competencies:
- Recognise opportunities that can be converted into potential sales leads.
- Evaluate opportunities to determine alignment to organisational growth strategy.
- Communicate organisation’s products / services benefits and features to potential customers.
- Pursue sales leads in accordance with organisational procedures.
Recognise the Different Types of Opportunities to Tap On
- Attending networking and marketing events
- Reviewing referrals from past or current customers
- Use of personal networks
- Recognising interest in products / services
- Use of customer segmentation
- Analysing market trends and forecasts
- Understanding Direction of Organisational Growth Strategy and Determining if Opportunity Follows Intent of Organisational Growth Strategy
- Understanding Implications Regarding Desired Types of Potential Customers
- Qualify Potential Customers and Recommend if Opportunity should be Pursued
Communicate Organisation’s Products / Service Benefits and Features to Potential Customers
- Gathering Information on Products / Services
- Understanding Potential Synergies between Organisation’s Products / Services
- Needs and Expectations
- Determining How Organisation’s Product / Service Features Help Meet Customers’ Needs and Practicing How to Articulate it in a Persuasive Manner
Apply Communication Techniques
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Language
- Techniques for Providing Constructive Feedback
- Active Listening
- Reflect and Summarise
- Show Empathy
- Deal with Difficult People and Situations in a Rational Manner
Pursue the Lead
- Close the Sale and Sign the Agreement
- Agreement Terms
Who Can Benefit?
All personnel holding sales and business development responsibilities
Participants will be assessed after they have been taught a particular competency through case studies, written assessments and oral interview. A Competent or Not Yet Competent assessment will be given at the end of each competency unit to confirm if participants have acquired the skills and knowledge of the subject.
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) in BM WSQ Developing New Growth Opportunities to Drive Sales awarded by WDA.
Course Fee Support
SDF and Absentee Payroll is available for company-sponsored Singaporeans and PRs only.
2 Days (18 training hours)
Day 1: 8:30am–6:30pm
Day 2: 8:30am–6:30pm
This course will be conducted by subject matter experts who are fully ACTA certified by WDA.
WSQ Level Guide:
|Typical Responsibilities||Job Roles|
|6||Directs business strategies and endorses policies and plans||Chief Executive Officer, Chief Finance Officer, Chief Communications Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Audit Executive|
|5||Provides input to and coordinates with leaders at Level 6, develops business strategies and plans, reviews and evaluates plans||Finance Division Head, Human Resource Director, Marketing Director, Project Sponsor, Vice President, Licensing Head|
|4||Implements and monitors organisational progammes and recommends solutions||Sales Manager, Finance Manager, Project Manager, Assistant Manager, Relationship Manager, Programme Manager, Research & Development Engineer|
|3||Executes plans, policies and procedures, applies knowledge of concepts and provides feedback||Finance Executive, Analyst, Associate, Project Lead, Project Executive, Team Leads, Junior Relationship Manager, Patent Engineer, IP Administrative Officer|
- Fees are inclusive of course materials, certificate of participation, lunch & tea breaks.
- Corporate and Individual Members of MIS are entitled to 20% discount.
- Companies are entitled to 5% discount for sending 3 or more participants to the same course on the same date.
- All courses will be held at the Marketing Institute of Singapore, 410 North Bridge Road Singapore 188726 unless otherwise stated.
- SDF Training Grant (for SDF-Approved Courses)
- Marketing Institute of Singapore reserves the right to change or cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses can be custom-designed to suit your department/organisation’s unique training requirements.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
- Notice Period Withdrawal / Cancellation Charge
- More than 14 days No charge
- Less than 14 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 3 working days or No-Show 100% of course fee
- Replacements from the same company are allowed.
Graduation and Degree
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) in BM WSQ Developing New Growth Opportunities to Drive Sales awarded by WDA