Developing Effective B2B Sales Processes and Strategies
Why You Should Attend This Course:
B2B sales professionals today operate in a highly competitive and complex environment where conventional selling techniques and strategies no longer work. Reliance on volume transactions, pricing and other usual sales techniques may even hurt the company’s long-term prospects in the industry. To succeed and sustain peak sales performance, B2B salespeople need to invest in training and orientate themselves to go beyond product pushing. This requires a major paradigm shift.
This course aims to provide B2B salespeople with an understanding of what today’s B2B selling is all about. At the end of the course, participants will be able to incorporate professional B2B sales processes and strategies and differentiate themselves from the crowd.
The objectives of this course are:
- To provide participants with an understanding of the key principles and concepts underlying the practice of successful B2B selling
- To familiarise participants with the techniques and tools used by successful B2B salespeople
- To help salespeople map out and target suitable B2B customers
- To equip salespeople with useful sales processes & strategies to implement an effective selling process
- To provide participants with the opportunity to apply selected techniques and tools during the “hands-on” sessions involving case studies and role-plays
The Key Changes Affecting Modern B2B Selling
- Changes and their impact on modern day selling
- What it takes to succeed in sales today
Sales Planning & Targeting B2B Customers
- The need to target and plan the sales call
- Identifying the selling cycle
B2B Prospecting Techniques
- Traditional prospecting techniques
- Developments in approaches to prospecting
B2B Pre-call Planning and Strategies
- Identifying prospects’ business problems and initiating solutions
- Creating a target account profile
Building a Problem Ladder of Target Prospects
- Mapping the causes and flows of critical business issues throughout the organisation
- Identifying target executives and mapping selling strategies and techniques
Establishing the VITO Strategy
- Why selling to VITO is essential in modern B2B selling
- Crafting VITO strategies
- Establishing multi-level alliances
- Building and maintaining relationships at different levels
Who Will Benefit?
- Newly-appointed salespeople embarking on a B2B selling career.
- Business development executives responsible for developing new B2B accounts.
- Sales executives responsible for marinating and keeping profitable corporate accounts.
Since 1990, Dr Bob Foo has provided consulting and training services in professional selling, key account management, sales management, strategic marketing and negotiation dynamics throughout the region. Prior to this, Bob spent over 10 years in senior regional management positions with multinational corporations. In his corporate career, Bob has travelled widely throughout Europe, the US and the Asia-Pacific region.
Bob has a Ph.D from the University of Nottingham, a M.Sc. in International Marketing from the University of Strathclyde as well as professional qualifications in Administrative Management, Business Administration, Accounting & Finance and Public Relations. He is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM) as well as a Chartered Marketer. He writes and speaks on breakthrough business concepts for the 21st century. His articles have been published in Asia 21, Singapore Marketer and Today’s Manager.
- Fees are inclusive of course materials, certificate of participation, lunch & tea breaks.
- Corporate and Individual Members of MIS are entitled to 20% discount.
- Companies are entitled to 5% discount for sending 3 or more participants to the same course on the same date.
- All courses will be held at the Marketing Institute of Singapore, 410 North Bridge Road Singapore 188726 unless otherwise stated.
- SDF Training Grant (for SDF-Approved Courses)
- Marketing Institute of Singapore reserves the right to change or cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses can be custom-designed to suit your department/organisation’s unique training requirements.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
- Notice Period Withdrawal / Cancellation Charge
- More than 14 days No charge
- Less than 14 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 3 working days or No-Show 100% of course fee
- Replacements from the same company are allowed.
Graduation and Degree
- Certificate of Completion – Developing Effective B2B Sales Processes and Strategies