Customer Centricity & Empathy – Winning Over the Empowered Customer
Why You Should Attend This Course:
This course will help you to appreciate the importance of focusing on customers and meeting their specific needs. The main emphasis of this course is communication and how effective communication can ensure the establishment and maintenance of customer centric service. Through case studies, video presentation and discussion, participants will be introduced to the principles of customer centric service. This course will also help participants to identify their specific service functions and set targets on performance indicators which they can use to measure and continuously improve their overall service excellence.
- Understand customers and map out their specific needs
- Know the motivation behind customer behaviour and their actions
- Learn to communicate effectively in order to enhance service levels
- Learn to make sincere efforts to help customers regardless of outcome
- Foster a sense of ownership and accountability to build a genuine customer-centric culture
- Identifying your Specific Customers
- Mapping out the customer’s needs
- Knowing what motivates your customers
- Group Activity: Identifying customers and their needs
- Video: The Invisible Customer – How to detect customer needs and provide solutions
- How Customers Interpret Us (our visual, verbal and vocal responses)
- Questionnaire to measure current service levels (self-evaluation)
- Personal Encounters (Participants share negative and positive examples)
- Four strategies in handling challenging situations with customers
- Communication skills (verbal skills including the use of positive language and courtesy)
- Listening and clarifying to enhance empathy and positive relationships with customers
- Making sincere efforts to serve – Qualities of a good service provider
- SMILE – Video on how to foster a sense of ownership and build relationships
- Summary for key learning points and Q&A
- Action plan for Better Customer Service (Personal goal setting)
Who Can Benefit?
Service personnel at all levels handling face-to-face and telephone contacts.
James Suresh is a trainer, PR consultant and bestselling author. The co-creator of Singapore’s comic icon ‘Mr. Kiasu’, he has co-written a series of comic books as well as authored books on his military career. He develops comic strips for magazines and scripts for multi-media productions. His recent book entitled ‘On a Street in Singapore’ has won two awards, namely the Sunday Times Best seller and Reader’s Choice Award.
James started his career as an army officer and eventually moved into public relations. Following his 15 year stint in the army, he set up a publishing and design company. After five years in the publishing business, James left to pursue his interest in training and PR Consulting. He is a certified EQ trainer with ‘Six Seconds Inc’ based in the US, and is also an accredited PR practitioner and an NIE certified teacher.
James is an associate trainer at the Marketing Institute of Singapore and a council member at the Institute of Public Relations Singapore. He conducts seminars and workshops in Singapore and the Asian region. James is a member of the Programme Advisory Committee for Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) and a lecturer in public relations for Curtin University. He is also a member of the editorial board for the Army News.
- Fees are inclusive of course materials, certificate of participation, lunch & tea breaks.
- Corporate and Individual Members of MIS are entitled to 20% discount.
- Companies are entitled to 5% discount for sending 3 or more participants to the same course on the same date.
- All courses will be held at the Marketing Institute of Singapore, 410 North Bridge Road Singapore 188726 unless otherwise stated.
- SDF Training Grant (for SDF-Approved Courses)
- Marketing Institute of Singapore reserves the right to change or cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses can be custom-designed to suit your department/organisation’s unique training requirements.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
- Notice Period Withdrawal / Cancellation Charge
- More than 14 days No charge
- Less than 14 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 3 working days or No-Show 100% of course fee
- Replacements from the same company are allowed.
Graduation and Degree
- Certificate of Completion: Customer Centricity & Empathy – Winning Over the Empowered Customer