Corporate Training & Development – Management Principles
This is an introductory module to Management, designed to provide participants with an overview ofthe management function and its role in organizations and society which explores the role of the manager in modern organizations. This module also looks at who managers are, what management is and what managers do. Participants will be trained with the basic management concepts and terminology as well as the key elements in planning, decision making and significance of different controls required in an organization. From this module, they will be able to understand the overall view on how an organization is structured and why managers are important.
By the end of the module, participants would be able to better understand the management styles.
Participants would gain an in depth understanding of co workers and a general understanding of the business environment in which they will be operating.
Participants would also be able to:
- Describe what role a manager plays in an organization and a manager’s basic functions
- Identify some of the critical people related decisions that managers must make on a regular basis in the context of teams and individuals.
- Identify the basic principles of management and the different functions of managers
- Getting started as a Manager
- Functions of Managers
- Understanding the Management roles and skills
- Getting to know the different levels of Management
- What are the different types of business activities?
- Understanding the Legal Forms of Business Organizations
- The Seven Management Hats
- Making the critical People Decisions
- Managing individual and Team Relationships
- For managers or supervisors who have had no formal training on how to manage people or for those who are about to be appointed for their first management position.
- Completion of course
Graduation and Degree
- Corporate Training & Development – Management Principles
Length of course