Contract Administration & Management
Why You Should Attend This Course:
This 2-day seminar explores the legalities of contract and contractual obligations from the perspectives of a contract manager. This overview and understanding of the operations of Contract Law will therefore better enable persons employed in the role of contract managers to fulfill their responsibilities in an effective way.
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Contract Manager
- Features of Contract Management
- Enforceability – Is the contract enforceable?
- An Effective Contract Manager’s Essential Negotiation skills
- The Contents of Contract – how to manage?
- Managing Contract Performance
- The Effective Use of Service Level Agreements
- Contract Review and Meetings
- Managing Contract Documentation
- Vitiating Factors in a Contract
- Termination of contracts
- Construction of the Contract
- Remedies for the Breach of contract
- Enforcement Methods
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for contract managers or persons employed in the role of managing contracts to fulfill their responsibilities in an effective way.
Catherine Tay Swee Kian is an Associate Professor lecturing law at the National University of Singapore, Department of Strategy and Policy (NUS Business School). She is also an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore and an author of 31 law books. Prof Tay studied law at Queen Mary College, University of London and graduated with a Master of Laws, in which she specialised in Company, Shipping, Insurance and Marine Insurance Laws. She did her pupillage under the Honourable Lady Mary Hogg in London and returned to Singapore in the law firm of Rodyk & Davidson.
Prof Tay was on the Board of Overseas Editors for the (United Kingdom) Journal of Financial Crime, an official publication of the Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime. She has presented papers at many conferences and seminars on Business Law, Medical Law, Company and Insolvency Laws both overseas and in Singapore. Prof Tay is an examiner on law subjects for a number of professional bodies in Singapore and overseas. She conducts in-house seminars for hospitals, banks, statutory boards, hotels, commercial firms and companies, clubs and associations.
- Fees are inclusive of course materials, certificate of participation, lunch & tea breaks.
- Corporate and Individual Members of MIS are entitled to 20% discount.
- Companies are entitled to 5% discount for sending 3 or more participants to the same course on the same date.
- All courses will be held at the Marketing Institute of Singapore, 410 North Bridge Road Singapore 188726 unless otherwise stated.
- SDF Training Grant (for SDF-Approved Courses)
- Marketing Institute of Singapore reserves the right to change or cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses can be custom-designed to suit your department/organisation’s unique training requirements.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
- Notice Period Withdrawal / Cancellation Charge
- More than 14 days No charge
- Less than 14 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 3 working days or No-Show 100% of course fee
- Replacements from the same company are allowed.
Graduation and Degree
- Certificate of Completion – Contract Administration & Management