Charts and Figures for Sharper Collaterals, Reports & Presentations
Why You Should Attend This Course:
Do you use charts and figures to persuade and communicate effectively? A picture tells a thousand words – effective marketers, managers, leaders and communicators need to make use of charts and figures to convince, persuade and sell more effectively and powerfully. This interactive one-day course will equip you with practical techniques and knowledge on charts and figures to increase the impact and clarity of your message.
This course is for anyone who has to make use of statistics and numbers to convince others or who has to explain difficult or complicated concepts. Learning from practical exercises and examples, participants will improve the way they design charts and figures for reports and presentations. Participants will learn to determine their core message, use different chart types and figures to achieve their message objectives, and apply techniques of visual communication to design powerful visuals. They will be able to communicate complex data and information scenarios in a simple, clear and impactful manner to their audience. Most importantly, they will learn to avoid the costly mistake of creating complicated charts and communication documents that their readers do not understand or connect with.
Get Attention with a Clear Objective
- Know and clarify your objectives
- 3-step approach to using charts
- Key words to help you choose the right chart comparison
- Select the appropriate chart form
- Avoid common mistakes in using charts and figures
Convince with Charts and Figures
- Showing percentages with component comparison
- Ranking data with item comparison
- Depicting trends and changes over time with time series
- Managing data ranges with frequency distribution
- Emphasise relationships and patterns with correlation
Persuade Clearly with Complex Data, Concepts and Information
- Advanced application of charts to complex data scenarios
- Strategies to simplify, emphasise and convince
- Improve your presentation impact when using visual concepts
- Communicate more clearly and persuasively in your message
Achieve Clarity and Impact with Effective Visual Design
- Apply scale, proportion and positioning to project importance
- Capitalise on color, pattern and lines to highlight the core message
- Word your title to inform and illuminate
- Create effective labels and legends
Who Can Benefit?
This course is designed for marketers, executives, managers, leaders who need to present and convince others with statistics and data, or who needs to present complex and detailed information in a simple yet effective manner.
Michelle Lim is the Managing Director and Principal Trainer/Consultant of Clarity Training and Consulting, a leading training and development company that works with organizations in both the private and public sector.
Michelle provides Consultancy, Training and Coaching to organizations to achieve their goals in Human Capital Performance, Talent Development, Customer Focus, and Organizational Excellence. She consults with key stakeholders within organizations to define their training and development needs, identify the barriers to organization improvement, and develop holistic training and development solutions to achieve organizational goals. Some of her key experience and expertise are in Business Communications, Customer Service Excellence, Facilitation, Presentation Skills, and Change Management.
- Fees are inclusive of course materials, certificate of participation, lunch & tea breaks.
- Corporate and Individual Members of MIS are entitled to 20% discount.
- Companies are entitled to 5% discount for sending 3 or more participants to the same course on the same date.
- All courses will be held at the Marketing Institute of Singapore, 410 North Bridge Road Singapore 188726 unless otherwise stated.
- SDF Training Grant (for SDF-Approved Courses)
- Marketing Institute of Singapore reserves the right to change or cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Courses can be custom-designed to suit your department/organisation’s unique training requirements.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
- Notice Period Withdrawal / Cancellation Charge
- More than 14 days No charge
- Less than 14 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 3 working days or No-Show 100% of course fee
- Replacements from the same company are allowed.
Graduation and Degree
- Certificate of Completion – Charts and Figures for Sharper Collaterals, Reports & Presentations