Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Sports Science Degree), Edith Cowan University, Perth, Western Australia
The Exercise and Sports Science degree awarded by Edith Cowan University is designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge and sound practical skills in a variety of disciplines taught within the programme. The degree course is one of the most popular and comprehensive sports science and management degree course in Singapore. The degree has specialised teaching and research facilities in the areas of Anatomy, Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Nutrition, Motor Control, Psychology and Exercise of Sport, Rehabilitation, Skill Acquisition and Strength Conditioning.
Awards & Accreditation
- 5-star Rating for Teaching Quality, Generic Skills and Overall Satisfaction – 2013 Good Universities Guide
- Awarded the prestigious Ashley Goldsworthy Award for Sustained Collaboration between Business & Higher Education in the fields of research & development and education & training – 2010 Business Higher Education Round Table (B-HERT)
- ECU’s Professor Ralph Martins was named Western Australia Australian of the Year 2010. Professor Martins is one of the world’s leading researchers into Alzheimer’s disease.
- A member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, Australian Vice-Chancellor’s Committee and National Unified Systems of Australian Universities
- This course is accredited by Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA).
- A track record of technology-based learning systems that are amongst the most advanced in Australia
- A number of winners for the Faculty Medal for Outstanding Achievement was from SMF Institute – Edwin Soh from the Engineering programme in 2008 and Choo Hui Cheng from the Sports Science programme in 2010
Sports Scientist, Exercise Physiologist, Corporate Fitness Consultant, Personal Trainer, Physical Education Teacher, Sports Coach, Sports Development Officer, Sports Medicine Trainer, Sports Marketing Executive, Sports & Exercise Scientist Researcher, Strength & Conditioning Coach, High Performance Coach, Exercise Rehabilitation Coach, Sports Management Officer, Physical Activity Officer, Sports Performance Analyst, Health and Safety Injury Management Coordinator.
- GCE ‘A’ level (minimum of five (5) points for entry)
- Higher Nitec
- Polytechnic Diploma in any discipline
- written assignments and examination.
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Science (Exercise and Sports Science Degree), Edith Cowan University, Perth, Western Australia
Length of course