Bachelor of Science (Cyber Forensics, Information Security and Management), Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
With a title straight out of a sci-fi blockbuster this is one degree that won’t leave you bored and out of touch. Instead you’ll be part of the fast paced and rapidly changing world of cyber security. Increasingly, government and corporate organisations need to identify information security risks and interdependencies between business functions. Escalating security threats to organisations’ information assets and increasing needs for organisations to comply with governance of information management have resulted in organisations requiring well-trained ICT professionals capable of addressing three key issues: managing information, protecting information; and forensic investigation of information security incidents. With a degree in this rapidly growing and increasingly important area of IT you will be well suited to meet these important industry demands.
It almost goes without saying that the areas of employment for this degree are huge. Graduates are in demand in the corporate, manufacturing, industrial and government sectors, with the finance industry particularly avid for the skills and knowledge you have gained. The following are just some of the professions you could consider: Computer Information Consultant, Computer Intelligence Officer, Computer Support Officer, Cyber Forensic Investigator, Database Developer / Administrator, Forensic Auditor, Help Desk Officer, Internet Security Officer, IT Consultant, Systems Administrator, Systems / Business Analyst, just to name a few.
Students have the options to do a second major in the following areas.
- Human Resource Management
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Business Information Systems
- Communication and Media Studies
- Public Relation
- SMF Diploma
- Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent*
- Other non-relevant diploma / advance diploma will be considered on a case-by-case basis*
- All applicants will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of their competency in English, subject to the University’s approval
- *Applicants may be admitted to the second year of the BSc programme but are required to undertake additional units in order to achieve full advanced standing. The final decision rests with Murdoch University.
- written assignments and examination.
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Science (Cyber Forensics, Information Security and Management)
Length of course