Bachelor of Communication (Communication & Media Studies),Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
This bachelor degree in communication course aims to provide students with knowledge about contemporary global media and communication, new media technologies and policies, as well as the importance of ethics and law in mass communication practices and public relations. This major aims to prepare students for careers in public relations and communications. It explores Australian and international theories and practices, with an emphasis on ethical communication and engagement with a diverse range of stakeholders. The major offers a combination of theoretical and practical components. Students are introduced to communication and public relations theory and are expected to develop critical thinking, evaluate and analytical skills. Communication skills – including writing, public speaking, and team work and conflict management – are taught in addition to the development of public relations strategies to achieve organisational objectives.
Students have the options to do a second major in the following areas.
- Human Resource Management
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Business Information Systems
- Cyber Forensics, Information Security and Management
- Public Relations
- SMF Diploma
- Polytechnic Diploma holders or equivalent*
- Other non-relevant diploma / advance diploma will be considered on a case-by-case basis*
- All applicants will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of their competency in English subjected to the University’s approval
- * Applicants may be admitted to second year of the BCom programme but are required to undertake additional units in order to achieve full advanced standing. The final decision rests with Murdoch University.
- written assignments and examination.
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Communication (Communication & Media Studies), Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
Length of course