Bachelor of Commerce (Journalism), Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
This course aims to provide students with knowledge about contemporary global media and communication, new media technologies and policies, as well as the importance of ethics and law in mass communication practices and public relations. This major provides students with practical reporting and writing skills in print and broadcast journalism and it investigates the ethical, legal and cultural contexts of the news media. The major gives students the opportunity to work in a news room culture.
Students learn about the news industry and about the influence of journalism on society. Students have the options to do a second major in the following areas.
- Human Resource Management
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Business Information Systems
- Cyber Forensics, Information Security and Management
- Public Relations
- Communication and Media Studies
- SMF Diploma
- Polytechnic Diploma holders or equivalent*
- Other non-relevant diploma / advance diploma will be considered on a case-by-case basis*
- All applicants will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of their competency in English subjected to the University’s approval
- * Applicants may be admitted to second year of the BCom programme but are required to undertake additional units in order to achieve full advanced standing. The final decision rests with Murdoch University.
- written assignments and examination.
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Commerce (Journalism), Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
Length of course