Bachelor of Commerce (Hospitality & Tourism Management),Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
This major prepares students for employment in the tourism industry, particularly with front line business such as hotels, resorts and transportation companies as well as in the wider context of tourism and hospitality, including on-government organisations (NGOs) and government agencies. It provides a detailed understanding of travel and tourism with special attention to management of tourism related businesses and the strategic management of destinations. By being available within two different awards, students are able to select different unit sets and prepare more specifically for their chosen occupations within hospitality and tourism.
Students have the options to do a second major in the following areas.
- Human Resource Management
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Cyber Forensics, Information Security and Management
- Public Relations
- Communication and Media Studies
Structure & Content
- BUS207 Tourism and Hospitality Law
- BUS240 Organisational Development and Human Resources Management
- BUS317 Strategic Management
- BUS320 Advanced Human Resource Perspectives
- TOU201 Sustainable Tourism
- TOU303 Tourism Management
Plus six (6) other general elective units (Students may select any unit from other majors, subject to fulfilling the necessary pre-requisites).
- SMF Diploma
- Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent*
- Other non-relevant diploma / advance diploma will be considered on a case-by-case basis*
- All applicants will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of their competency in English subjected to the University’s approval
- * Applicants may be admitted to the second year of the BCom programme but are required to undertake additional units in order to achieve full advanced standing. The final decision rests with Murdoch University.
- written assignments and examination.
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hospitality & Tourism Management),Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
Length of course