Bachelor of Commerce (Finance),Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
Many issues relevant to the corporate financial manager will be examined including capital investment decisions, cost of capital, sources of funds, dividends policy, working capital management, efficient capital markets, portfolio management, the use of options, futures, forward exchange contracts and other derivative financial instruments. In this finance degree course, students will also receive an introduction to international finance. Students doing the Finance major will cover a broad range of areas in corporate finance, treasury management, investment analysis and international finance. These are designed to equip them with the necessary skills to obtain employment in such areas as stock broking, insurance and banking as well as preparing them with the skills for careers in finance in public and private sector organisations.
Students have the options to do a second major in the following areas.
- Human Resource Management
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Business Information Systems
- Cyber Forensics, Information Security and Management
- Public Relations
- Communication and Media Studies
Structure & Content
- BUS206 Finance Law
- BUS224 Corporate Finance *
- BUS244 Treasury Management
- BUS311 Investment Analysis
- BUS322 International Finance
- BUS325 Derivative Securities
Plus six (6) elective units (Students may select any unit from other majors, subject to fulfilling the necessary pre-requisites). *100% taught by Murdoch Business School academic staff members.
- SMF Diploma
- Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent*
- Other non-relevant diploma/ advance diploma will be considered on a case-by-case basis*
- All applicants will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of their competency in English subjected to the University’s approval
- * Applicants may be admitted to the second year of the BCom programme but are required to undertake additional units in order to achieve full advanced standing. The final decision rests with Murdoch University
- Written assignments and examination.
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance),Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
Length of course