Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting, University of Curtin
Professional accountants analyse the financial dealings of a business or an individual and prepare reports or give advice on their record-keeping and compliance requirements. In this major you will develop comprehensive understanding of accounting and the associated fields of auditing, taxation, business law and financial management. You’ll cover a variety of accounting units as well as some business, law and finance studies.
In this major you’ll be introduced to accounting principles, auditing, taxation and relevant areas of business law and financial management. You’ll examine the recording and communication of information relating to the financial performance of organisations. You’ll learn to prepare reports or give advice on an organisation’s record-keeping and compliance requirements, ensuring you are ready for a successful career in any industry sector.
Credit for previous study
If you have previously worked or studied in this field, you are encouraged to contact Curtin Singapore to discuss eligibility for recognition of prior learning.
Credits needed to graduate: 600. Each unit is 25 credits.
- 10987 Accounting 100
- 11011 Business Law 100
- 1234 Economics 100
- 311353 Communication in Business 100
- 10830 Business Information Systems 100
- 10848 Management 100
- 10850 Marketing 100
- 305228 Accounting (Financial) 250
- 11013 Accounting (Managerial) 201
- 12607 Finance (Principles) 215
- 10841 Company Law 266
- 305229 Accounting (Financial) 260
- 10804 Accounting (Systems) 204
- 11041 Taxation 331
- 10989 Accounting (Auditing) 300
- 11014 Accounting (Managerial Control) 301
- 309875 Accounting (Decision Analysis) 308
- 12034 Business Capstone 301
- Minimum of five points from two A levels H2 subjects, OR
- Full International Baccalaureate with a minimum total of 24 point from six subjects at one sitting. Three of the subjects must be at the higher level, and one of the six subjects should be English, OR
- Polytechnic diploma or diploma from recognized institutions may be eligible for credit exemptions
- Written assignments, projects and examinations
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting