Bachelor of Business and Environmental Science
In the 21st century successful businesses include an environmental platform in their business strategies. Chief Executive Officers have to consider carbon footprints, sustainable practices, global climate change, and waste management. These are environmentally sensitive issues which have resulted in an increase of environmental legislation.
In addition, some of the business activities required knowledge of the environment. In the aquaculture industry, for example, biological knowledge is required to raise fishes, prawns, algae and other crops. But there is no substitute for a good business plan. This degree provides you with a thorough knowledge of environmental science and management principles and practices.
To complete a major as part of your Bachelor of Business (Environmental Science) you will need to complete the subjects listed below for this major during the 2-year course. You will receive academic advice at enrolment and at the end of every semester to take the subjects needed to complete the degree that suits you and your career goals.
Core subjects – Business
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Economics for Business
- Financial Management
- Business Research Methods
- Economic Growth and Regional Development
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies
- Management, People and Organisations
- Personal and Professional Skills in Business
- International Business
- Leadership and Strategic thinking
- Managing Small and Medium Enterprises
Core subjects – Science
- Chemistry: A Central Science
- Environmental Processes and Global Change
- Statistics and Data Analysis 1
- The Diversity of Animal Life
- Tourism and the Environment
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems • Marine Ecology and Environmental Assessment
- Introduction to Aquaculture
- Sustainable Aquaculture
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Sustainability in Practice
- Marine Conservation Biology
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- IELTS 6.0 (no component lower than 5.5)/ TOEFL iBT 79 (with minimum writing score of 19) and above; or
- Satisfactory completion of the JCU Singapore English Language Preparatory Program (ELPP)
- Students who have successfully completed last 2 years of full-time study in English medium may satisfy the English language requirement.
- Entrance requirements are different from country to country but in general applicants must have satisfactorily completed 12 years of schooling or equivalent with chemistry and maths being compulsory subjects.
- Students who have not completed these subjects may be considered for admission on an individual case by case basis.
- Enquiry with Us
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Business and Environmental Science