Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Tourism and Marketing Management, Edinburgh Napier University, UK
This programme is designed for students who wish to pursue a career in the tourism area with a special interest in marketing. Graduates will understand that the customer is at the heart of any tourism business, and learn the importance of marketing in attracting these customers. The core programme provides an applied understanding of the theories and concepts of tourism and general business and management disciplines, especially marketing. It has been designed to develop students’ critical, analytical, evaluative and reflective abilities alongside their interpersonal and communication skills.
Covering practically every aspect of tourism management, from policy and planning to finances and visitor attraction management, this programme adds specialist studies in marketing and its applications in the area of tourism. Graduates will have gain a wealth of knowledge and skills relevant to management in the dynamic fields of tourism and marketing.
About the University
Edinburgh Napier University is one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland with almost 18,000 students from 109 countries on campus. Edinburgh Napier University offers industry informed programmes which combine the optimum balance of theory and practice, to equip graduates for success in today’s competitive global job market.
The Institute of Hospitality is a professional body for aspiring managers working and studying in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry. Its reputation as an organisation promoting quality standards and education has grown in its 70-year history and now, has membership spanning more than 100 countries around the globe.
Members of the Institute of Hospitality will benefit in their professional and career development, whilst the Institute continues to improve and promote industry and management standards into the 21st century. Student can also benefit from having access to the Institute’s online learning resources.
Students will be required to complete the following:
- 6 modules each in Year 2 and 3
- 4 modules plus dissertation in Year 4 (Honours)
- Full-time programme can be completed in 16 months (without Honours) or in 24 months (with Honours).
- Part-time programme can be completed in 24 months (without Honours) or in 32 months (with Honours).
|Total for Bachelor of Arts||S$23,497.20|
|Total for Bachelor of Arts (with Honours)||S$35,245.80|
* Graduates of PSB Academy can enjoy fee rebates for subsequent courses.
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and subject to change annually
* Programme fees exclude textbooks
English Proficiency Level
- GCE O-level English (Grade 1 to 6) or equivalent OR
- IELTS score of 6, with no element less than 5.5. OR
- PSB Academy’s Certificate in English Proficiency (Advanced)
All applications are subject to approval by Edinburgh Napier University.
- Entry to Level 8 (SCQF): PSB Academy Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management or equivalent.
- Entry to Level 9 (SCQF): Local Polytechnic Diploma, Advanced Diploma or equivalent from a recognised institution in a related discipline.
- Examinations, written course work and presentations
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Tourism and Marketing Management