Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Strategic Events Management (Top-up), University of Gloucestershire (UK)
From mega-events like the Olympics to promotional events for a new product launch, events management is one of the fastest growing areas in marketing, leisure, tourism and hospitality. Events management, however, is not just concerned with the operational issues related to the design, planning and evaluation of individual events but also involves acknowledging the broader economic and political circumstances in which they take place and the various meanings that event attendees take from their experiences.
This concentrated, one-year, course gives you the chance to take a strategic and global view of the events management sector, to look at the contemporary issues that are shaping the subject and to understand the business skills that underpin this dynamic and fast changing industry. Your studies will provide a great platform for career development, enable you to deepen your insight and develop your strategic and management skills.
The aim of the Bachelor of Arts (Honours)Strategic Events Management (Top-up) programme is:
- to provide an access route to an honours degree award for students who have studied a related higher diploma equivalent to at least 240 CATs points
- to enable students to build on their accredited prior learning to achieve level 3 learning outcomes
- to provide a programme with a strategic focus on the events sector
- to develop thoughtful, reflective and self directed graduates who can theorise practice and apply their skills, and their knowledge and understanding to management roles in the event industry.
Students completing the level III top up award will be able to:
- adopt an interdisciplinary approach to researching and interpreting strategic event management issues;
- critically analyse, evaluate and synthesise theories, concepts and practice in a variety of event management contexts;
- work independently on a self-selected or negotiated project;
- reflect on practice using evidence from a range of appropriate sources.
- This programme is offered exactly the same as offered at the home campus of University of Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (UK)
Academic Year 3
- The Politics And Economics Of Large Scale Events
- Contemporary Issues In Events Management
- International Hotel and Resort Development
- Corporate Strategy
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Financial Analysis For Managers
- Communications And Marketing
- Investigative Study
- Minimum age: 18 and above
- SDH Institute Advanced Diploma/Advanced Diploma from a recognized institute of higher learning or equivalent
- IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 550 (Paper Based) equivalent or Min C6 in English at GCE ‘O’ Level or equivelant
- Written Assignments and Examinations
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Strategic Events Management (Top-up)
Length of course