Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hospitality Management (Top-Up)
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hospitality Management is a top-up degree from the University of Salford Manchester, UK. The programme run at SSTC is exactly the same as that run on the campus at the University.
The University of Salford traces its origins to 1896 with the opening of the Royal Technical Institute of Salford. Today the University has a successful global presence with four colleges, nine schools, 20,000 students and 2,500 staff to serve the needs of industry, commerce and education. The University of Salford has an international reputation, being ranked 48th in the UK in terms of Research Power in the latest UK Government Research Assessment Exercise (REA). The University has been teaching business and management for 25 years, and the Salford Business School is accredited by AMBA and EPAS.
The programme aims to:
- Provide an academically challenging and vocationally relevant education for those who wish to follow careers related to the hospitality industry.
- Produce and adaptable person who recognized the need for change and who can act as agent for change through an understanding of the inter-relationships which exist within the hospitality field.
- Develop the student’s ability to synthesize theory with practice, to analyze rigorously and evaluate critically in order to allow the graduate to take a leading role in the management of the workplace.
- Develop the student’s ability to learn independently in order to facilitate professional development throughout a career.
- Develop effective interpersonal, technical and written communication skills.
- Corporate Strategy
- Service Systems Management
- International Hospitality Management
- Destination Analysis
- Study Skills for Success (30 hours)
- Work Skills – Career Development (15 hours)
- Work Skills – Critical Thinking (15 hours)
- Work Skills – Academic Research Skills (15 hours)
International Student Course Fees
Full Time : $17873
- Applicants must be aged 17 years and above.
- Open to relevant Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma (with ‘Merit’ passing grade), relevant Polytechnic Diploma and any other equivalent qualifications.
- International students must also have IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 550.
- Applicants with appropriate work experience will be considered through the University’s Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) procedure.
- Based on projects or written examinations, depending on the course.
Graduation and Degree
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hospitality Management (Top-Up)
Length of course