Tourism Management Institute of Singapore
190 Clemenceau Avenue, #06-21/26 Singapore Shopping Centre
Tourism Management Institute of Singapore (TMIS), formerly known as the Centre for Tourism-Related Studies (CTRS) was established in 1987. We are a fully-owned subsidiary of the National Association of Travel Agents Singapore (NATAS). The corporate mission of TMIS is to upgrade the professionalism, service and productivity of the travel and tourism industry. In addition to providing training for our industry members, TMIS is also actively promoting and providing tourism courses and training to the public in Singapore and the region.
Since its inception, we have trained more than 40,000 students for the tourism industry. We offer a wide spectrum of Tourism-related courses, from certificate to diploma level, mostly which are fully accredited.
TMIS is proud to be the first National Continuing Education & Training Institute (NCI) conferred by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) for Tourism Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ), offering reality education for the Tour and Travel Services, Attractions and Hotel & Accommodation Services sectors. We are also Singapore Tourism Board (STB) approved training centre for Tourist Guide Course.
TMIS Expanding Regionally
|In 2002, TMIS started receiving international students from Asia-Pacific. This is in line with our corporate mission to provide tourism education and training to students from other countries. Tourism is a lucrative industry which many countries are competing to develop. This has opened up and will continue to breed more career opportunities in the industry in Singapore and around the world.With 25 years of experience in the travel and tourism industry, TMIS is more than equipped to provide training for these international students and staff of the travel industry.With our students coming from Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Korea and China, we have been called a ‘Mini-United Natioestablish ourselves as the leading tourism training institute in the region.ns’. To ensure our continuing value and relevance, TMIS will adopt a more regional perspective in our strategic goals and establish ourselves as the leading tourism training institute in the region.|
To be an established training institute in Singapore and the region providing training for the travel and tourism industry.
To upgrade the professionalism, service, productivity of the travel and tourism trade through training and education.
Our Corporate Culture
::: High Training Standards
We are committed to providing a high standard of training.
::: Quality Training Courses
We provide quality courses that are recognised and relevant to the changing needs of the industry.
::: Staff/Student Welfare
We value and care for the well-being of our staff and students.
::: Environmental and Community Policy
We are environmentally friendly and community conscious.
Our Core Values
::: Excellent Customer Service
We provide excellent customer service and always strive to surpass customer’s expectations. The management and staff of TMIS will constantly maintain strong work ethics to foster good relationship with our partners and customers.
::: Team Spirit
TMIS staff are well trained to handle the day-to-day operations and able to multi-task. With a strong team spirit, we are productive, efficient and effective.
::: Innovation and Creativity
Staff are constantly encouraged to come out with new ways of doing things and think out of the box.
- WSQ-Professional Conversion Programme for Tourism-Attractions - April 2, 2014
- WSQ-Professional Conversion Programme for Tour and Travel - April 2, 2014
- NATAS-Professional-Corporate-Ticketing-Course - April 2, 2014
- Certificate of Proficiency in Travel Insurance - April 2, 2014
- WSQ Skills Assessment for Food & Beverage - April 2, 2014
- WSQ Skills Assessment for Hotels - April 1, 2014
- WSQ Skills Advancement Pack (Housekeeping) - April 1, 2014
- WSQ Skills Advancement Pack (Front Office) - April 1, 2014
- WSQ Skills Advancement Pack (Tour & Travel/Attractions) - April 1, 2014
- WSQ Tourist Guide Programme(English/Mandarin) - March 31, 2014
- IATA Airline Cabin Crew Certificate - March 31, 2014
- WSQ Dual Certificate in Tour & Travel Services and Attractions - March 31, 2014
- WSQ Certificate in Attractions - March 31, 2014
- WSQ Certificate in Tour & Travel Services - March 31, 2014
- WSQ Hotel & Accommodation Services (Housekeeping) - March 31, 2014
- WSQ Certificate in Hotel & Accommodation Services (Front Office) - March 31, 2014
- DIPLOMA IN TRAVEL and TOURISM - March 31, 2014
- IATA Travel & Tourism Consultant Diploma (endorsed by UFTAA) - March 31, 2014
- IATA-UFTAA Travel & Tourism Foundation Diploma - March 27, 2014
- WSQ Diploma in Tourism (Hospitality Management) - March 27, 2014
- WSQ Diploma in Tourism - March 27, 2014