Art of Starting Sales Conversations
Why You Should Attend This Course
Many people find it difficult to carry on a business conversation or undertake “small talk”, but if you do it right, the payoff can be big. The late Mark McCormack, founder and chairman of International Management Group (now IMG) once said, “All things being equal, people will buy from a friend. All things being not quite so equal, people will still buy from a friend”. So the first step to starting a potential business relationship would be trying to know the other party better. Yet, we cannot simply fire a barrage of questions at the other party. There has to be give and take. The simplest way to engage in this give and take would be to make small talk.
Art of Making Sales Conversations discusses the whole process of making small talk from the rationale for making small talk, to making follow-up plans. The course will cover initiating a conversation, carrying on a conversation and exiting the conversation. Also covered are language tips, interpersonal skills and cultural awareness.
- Develop Communication Skills to Start Sales Conversation
- Understand Impact of Casual Conversation in Sales
- Know the Essentials of Conversation Making
- Understand the Importance of Creating “The Moments” in Daily Interactions
- Develop Elevator Sales Conversation
- Why, When and How to Start a Conversation – The value of small talk
- Essential Sales Conversation Skills
- Creating Positive First Impressions – The First Few Minutes
- Understanding the Sales Communication Process and Its Influence and Impact
- Establishing Credibility, Trustworthiness and Rapport
- Getting Attention and Giving Compliments – Conversation Starters
- Awareness of the Communication Styles of Different Races
- Elevator Sales Pitches and Casual Conversations
- Ice Breakers Leading on to more Formal Business Discussions
- Go on, make the first move: Initiating a conversation
- Sizing up the other party – What to ask?
- Starting Conversation with Opposite Sex
- Joining an existing/ongoing conversation – Remembering names and contacts
- The setting (office, cocktail party, conference) – Talk the Talk: Maintaining a conversation
- Asking Questions and Active Listening
- Meaning of Gestures and Motions in Communication
- Mind Your Language: Language, interpersonal and cultural tips
Master Facilitator and Distinguished Toastmaster
Stanis Benjamin is a motivational humorist and an accomplished speaker, consultant and trainer in the fields of business presentation skills, sales, communication, customer service, leadership and strategies for personal success. As a coach, consultant and keynote speaker, he has addressed many companies and institutions and has helped senior executives, high-achieving professionals and beginners to reach higher levels of performance.
He has gained excellent reputation for his work with human resource and training departments of numerous organisations to design and develop Sales, Personal Effectiveness, Leadership and Communication training programmes. Stanis brings with him over 15 years of training and coaching experience and is accredited as an
Executive Leadership facilitator.
Gael Lee is a corporate trainer, educator and copywriter who specialises in business communication topics. As a corporate trainer, her training stints include both conversational and written communications. Her corporate training clients include government agencies and private sectors, ranging from executives to directors and CEOs. Gael has a Master of Arts degree (Language Studies) awarded by the National University of Singapore. She also conducts courses on Business Writing, Writing for the Web, E-mail Writing and Copywriting.
- Fees are inclusive of course materials, certificate of participation, lunch & tea breaks.
- Corporate and Individual Members of MIS are entitled to 20% discount.
- Companies are entitled to 5% discount for sending 3 or more participants to the same course on the same date.
- All courses will be held at the Marketing Institute of Singapore, 410 North Bridge Road Singapore 188726 unless otherwise stated.
- SDF Training Grant (for SDF-Approved Courses)
- Marketing Institute of Singapore reserves the right to change or cancel the course due to unforeseen circumstances.Courses can be custom-designed to suit your department/organisation’s unique training requirements.
For any withdrawals or cancellation, participants will be subjected to the following charges:
- Notice Period Withdrawal / Cancellation Charge
- More than 14 days No charge
- Less than 14 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 3 working days or No-Show 100% of course fee
- Replacements from the same company are allowed.
Graduation and Degree
- Certificate Of Completion – Art of Starting Sales Conversations