Advanced Diploma in New Media (Animation)
The programme in Advanced Diploma in New Media (Animation) is of 2 years duration. Assessment and examination are mainly project and assignment based, students are required to do a formal presentation at the end of each unit as a form of assessment in FMDS. Students that elect to study animation will acquire life drawing skills and software rendering techniques for the development of cartoon characters and animated background.
Apart from honing visual conceptualisation expertise to create 2D and 3D animation for the various multimedia platforms – including internet, digital, television and movies – the curriculum also equips the students with ideas generation abilities for the development of stories.
Students will also get heightened exposure through cross training opportunities, such as to participate in the production of animated short films, collectively or individually.
Module 1: Design Fundamentals
- Principles of Design and Idea Generation
- Creative Communication
- Digital Graphic Design
Module 2: Design Studies
- Art Direction
- Mixed Media Drawing and Rendering
- Design Theory
Module 3: Principles of Design
- Principles of Layout
- Typography for Design
- Web Design
Module 4: Animation and Multimedia Interfaces
- Animation, Film and Multimedia Interfaces
- Short Film Production
- Sound for Screen and Multimedia
Module 5: 3D Modelling and Animation for Designers
- 3D Modelling Concepts and Visualisation
- 3D Animation for Designers
- Motion Graphic and Editing for Television
Module 6: Animation Fundamentals
- Introduction to Animation & Drawing
- The Art of Screenwriting, Storyboarding & Acting
- Animation Technical Studies
Module 7: Animation Studies
- Animation History
- Experimental Animation
- Animation Production Management
Module 8: New Media Major
- Major Project
Entry Requirements For International Students
- International Student applicants must have completed Grade 12, high school or above.
- Minimum age of 16 years old.
- Minimum ielts (academic) overall band 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0 or toefl (paper-based) minimum 580 to proceed to degree studies.
- Local / Singapore PR Student minimum 2 ‘o’ level credits with a pass in english, or;
- Minimum 3 ‘n’ level credits with a pass in english. minimum age of 16 years old.
- Project and assignment based
Graduation and Degree
- Advanced Diploma in New Media (Animation)