Advanced Diploma in Commerce and Liberal Arts
The University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS) has selected SSTC as the first school to sign an Affiliation Agreement in Singapore to collaborate on a pathway for students to study at SSTC and UIS. It is the shared philosophy and belief that quality education and a student’s personal development cannot be sacrificed for growth that seals this partnership between SSTC and UIS.
The Advanced Diploma in Commerce and Liberal Arts programme consists of 19 course units totaling 60 credit hours. This enables students to complete half the Bachelors degree programme over 18 months in Singapore versus 2 years if taken on campus at UIS. Upon completion of the ADCLA programme, all credit hours earned are transferable to the UIS Bachelor degree programme.
The University of Illinois Springfield (UIS) is one of three campuses of the world class University of Illinois. UIS serves over 5,000 students in 21 undergraduate programmes, 20 masters programmes and a doctorate program. UIS ranked #2 among public Regional universities in the Midwest region in U.S. News & World Report ‘s “America’s Best Colleges 2013.”
The programme aims to:
- Develop students through a rigorous course studying a wide variety of cross-disciplinary units.
- Teach students critical-thinking skills covering a variety of cross-disciplinary courses through studies in Math, Science, Language, History, Art, Literature, Psychology and Business.
- Put the student in good stead when they transition to the final 2 years of the degree programme in the US.
- Business and Economics
- Business Calculus
- Principles of Psychology
- Rhetoric & College Writing
- College Writing & Civic Engagement
- Art Appreciation
- Topics in World Literature
- History of Arts I
- University Physics 1
- Environmental Biology
- Human Resource Management
- History of Pre-Modern East Asia
- Calculus 1
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Applied Statistics or Principles of Marketing
Admission to the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor degree programme at the University of Illinois, Springfield.
Fees – International Student
Full Time (18 Months) : $29465
- Applicants must be aged 17 years and above.
- SSTC Foundation Programme, or 5 GCE ‘O’ Level passes including English and Math, or 2 GCE ‘A’ Level passes, or Year 12 education equivalent, or acceptable foundation.
- English Proficiency of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. Students who do not meet the required proficiency level will need to enroll for additional English classes before commencement of the programme.
- Other equivalent qualifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Written assignments, class presentations, written projects and examinations.
Graduation and Degree
- Advanced Diploma in Commerce and Liberal Arts
Length of course